Are you appearing on camera soon? Whether it’s for an impromptu shoot, a professional corporate web video, or tv there are a few things you can do to make yourself look your best!
- Take a deep breath. – If your heart is beating a thousand beats a minute it’s okay. 🙂
- Lower your chin down a bit. – When people are on camera, they tend to ever so slightly raise their chin up.
- Talk normally. – I’m guessing you are mic’d up. Avoid the urge to speak louder than you normally would.
- Smile if appropriate. – It radiates through your eyes that you love what you do. It also keeps the viewer more engaged.
- If you have a teleprompter use it but then lose it. – If you want to seem like you aren’t reading then don’t read. Unless highly trained, most people don’t feel or look genuine when they are reading.
- Don’t be afraid to watch part of the video and then do it again. – It’s usually a lot easier to do more re-takes while everything is already set-up instead of tearing everything down and then deciding you weren’t happy with the way you looked or sounded.
- Try to avoid really patterned clothing items that might create moire.
- A little powder/foundation can really help with shine (guys you too).
Want to learn more? Comment below!